Birdsong - A Musical Field Guide
Instrumentation: Transcription of Bird Calls
"I’m charmed by this lovely little book."
- Kathleen Dean Moore, author of Earth's Wild Music
"A Herculean job."
- Samuel Adler, composer and author of The Study of Orchestration
A must-have new book for all musicians and nature lovers: With hundreds of thousands of views on YouTube, Liebermann's transcriptions of animal calls have captured the ears, hearts, and minds of people around the globe. His highly accurate transcriptions are now available for the first time in print, accompanied by illustrations of each bird species by artist Anna Schiller and QR codes linked to the original videos, so you can easily listen to each bird while following the music!
This book includes:
- Highly accurate transcriptions of the songs of 10 bird species, including Thrush Nightingales, Emperor Penguins, and the Common Cuckoo
- Descriptions of each bird species and their song - A foreword by New York Times bestselling author Austin Kleon
- Custom, scientifically accurate illustrations of each bird species
- QR codes linked to videos of the bird song, to easily listen and follow along
"Birders will learn something about music, musicians will learn something about birds, and readers who know nothing of either will be inspired to open up their ears and listen."
- Austin Kleon, author of Steal Like an Artist
Shipping & Returns
Physical copies ship in 2-3 business days.
Digital copies delivered to customer email upon checkout.
Returns accepted for physical copies within 30 days of delivery.
Returns are not accepted for digital products.